Restaurant review: Mensaab, Caledonian Road, N7
- Credit: Archant
Situated right on the Cally Road, this fab new restaurant has been completely transformed into a little place of luxury fine dining.
Upon arrival we were treated like special guests, shown to our seats with napkin service and served our drinks, followed by a selection of Indian favourites with a twist; the red chutney with secret ingredients was delicious, while the poppadoms were crispy fresh.
We were then served our starters of succulent chicken and lamb tikka – the chicken was an intriguing green in colour and infused with flavour and spices.
Next up was an amazing array of mains; of lamb curry, chicken tikka masala and lamb chops with lemon and pilau rice finished and a garlic Naan.
Probably not the best lot of food to order if on a date, but very delicious all the same.
You may also want to watch:
The menu was authentic, but with a bit of a street food twist – lots of spinach and plenty of sizzling flavours.
The building was formerlly a Turkish takeaway, but the new team have completely renovated and transformed the interior.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
It aslo felt like it had a touch of class with beautiful chandeliers and borderline silver service, while staff were very welcoming and took the time to explain the concepts behind the menu.
Mensaab is situated opposite HMP Pentonville, but you wouldn’t even notice apart from the inmates at the windows staring jealously at the food.
Joking aside, it’s an extremely safe and peaceful area. We had a great time.Nas Halim