Restaurant Review: Poncho8, Finsbury, EC2
- Credit: Archant
Few things can brighten the mood of a busy deadline morning in a newsroom.
The sight of a selection of piping hot breakfast burritos making the way into the office is, however, one of those things.
Finsbury’s Poncho8 have struck upon two cracking ideas; the first, dishing up the elegant simplicity of Mexico’s finest export for the first meal of the day. The second, delivering said burritos to hungry office workers.
These wraps have been designed by Stephen Parkins-Knight, former head chef at the Ivy, so you’d expect something of a high-class burrito.
And so it proved, these aren’t the hulking dough-babys you get if you order a Mexican at tea time.
You may also want to watch:
They’re rather delicate, thin little wraps.
But that sort of makes sense in the morning – a full on pulled pork and rice affair would send me back to bed. They come in a choice of bacon or mushroom (sadly not both together), with some crème fraîche and cheeky salsa sauce and a smoky anchoo relish.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
A tasty and satisfying way to break your fast, and with yogurts and fruit available for the waistline conscious, they certainly left the Gazette team smiling.