Restaurant review: Voodoo Ray’s, E8
- Credit: Archant
Night owls and pizza lovers can now get a slice of the Big Apple with the launch of new late night haunt Voodoo Ray’s in Dalston.
But this quirky new eaterie – launched by the team behind the nearby Dalston Superstore – comes with a big difference.
Not only does it ooze New York style and have the kind of doughy, enormous, bigger-than-your head pizzas you’d find across the pond – it also has frozen Margaritas on tap and a surprise ‘‘dance tunnel’’ downstairs.
Sicilian dough consultant Giovanni Pillitteri shared his wisdom with the team and trained them all to create the ‘‘perfect’’ pizza bases, with toppings including the Cabbage Patch Kid (savoy cabbage, bacon, tomato and mozzarella) and my personal favourite, the Porky’s (Cumberland sausage, stilton, red onion and parsley).
And the macaroni cheese was the best I’ve tasted.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Margaritas mixed at the authentic Brooklyn venue come in flavours ranging from toffee apple and spiced Clementine – and go down all too easily.
The pizza slices, which start at £3.90, were delicious – but with its range of cocktails, American beer selection and nightclub downstairs, I suspect this new unique haunt will become just as renowned for being a trendy place to head after the pubs have called time among revellers looking for a place to carry on partying.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing