Sadlers Wells brings summer to London with Vamos Cuba
- Credit: Archant
Not managing to get abroad in August? Sadlers Wells brings summer to London
Not managing to get abroad in August? Perhaps you’ll be able to pretend you are as summer oozes into London’s theatres.
Vamos Cuba! has come to Sadler’s Wells Theatre bringing with it all the vibrancy of the island. From the team behind popular Havana Rakatan, the dance show hopes to convey the passion and vitality of Cuba’s spirit, and has a lot to live up to.
Nilda Guerra choreographs the production, which combines modern and traditional dance styles with performers salsa-ing, mambo-ing, rumba-ing and cha-cha-cha-ing around Havana airport to the sounds of Julito Padron’s live band.
Internationally acclaimed choreographer and director Nilda Guerra founded one of Cuba’s best renowned dance companies, Ballet Rakatan, and performed on prestigious stages around the world, from Sydney Opera House to New York City Center to Tokyo City Hall.
You may also want to watch:
If you turn up early, you can enjoy the delights of the Rumba Rum Bar and sip on a Mojito or Cuba Libre.
With Sadler’s Wells’ interior transformed, there’s also the chance try your hand at a little salsa dancing yourself with a free class. No need to worry about having two left feet; the 30 minute lessons are open to all levels and abilities.
- 1 Islington shooting victim named
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 7 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 New mural in Finsbury Park aims to 'send a message to Boris Johnson'
- 10 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
The Sadler’s Wells production has been co-produced with Blancon Productions, Théâtres de la Ville de Luxembourg and Birmingham Hippodrome.
Vamos Cuba! runs Tuesday to Sunday until August 21 at Sadler’s Wells Theatre. Tickets from £12 at sadlerswells.com