Sadlers Wells brings summer to London with Vamos Cuba
- Credit: Archant
Not managing to get abroad in August? Sadlers Wells brings summer to London
Not managing to get abroad in August? Perhaps you’ll be able to pretend you are as summer oozes into London’s theatres.
Vamos Cuba! has come to Sadler’s Wells Theatre bringing with it all the vibrancy of the island. From the team behind popular Havana Rakatan, the dance show hopes to convey the passion and vitality of Cuba’s spirit, and has a lot to live up to.
Nilda Guerra choreographs the production, which combines modern and traditional dance styles with performers salsa-ing, mambo-ing, rumba-ing and cha-cha-cha-ing around Havana airport to the sounds of Julito Padron’s live band.
Internationally acclaimed choreographer and director Nilda Guerra founded one of Cuba’s best renowned dance companies, Ballet Rakatan, and performed on prestigious stages around the world, from Sydney Opera House to New York City Center to Tokyo City Hall.
You may also want to watch:
If you turn up early, you can enjoy the delights of the Rumba Rum Bar and sip on a Mojito or Cuba Libre.
With Sadler’s Wells’ interior transformed, there’s also the chance try your hand at a little salsa dancing yourself with a free class. No need to worry about having two left feet; the 30 minute lessons are open to all levels and abilities.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
The Sadler’s Wells production has been co-produced with Blancon Productions, Théâtres de la Ville de Luxembourg and Birmingham Hippodrome.
Vamos Cuba! runs Tuesday to Sunday until August 21 at Sadler’s Wells Theatre. Tickets from £12 at sadlerswells.com