Smokey Tails’ Bottomless Brunch, review: ‘How I managed to get this wrong I have no idea’
- Credit: Archant
Hoxton Square Bar and Kitchen, the now permanent home of pop up “Beats & Eats” experience Smokey Tails, has launched their own bottomless brunch
“Bottomless” and “Bloody Mary” are two things I’m always very happy to see side by side.
I never feel as though I need to eat endless food to get my money’s worth – it tends to end up feeling uncomfortable – but when it comes to Mary, I’ll always make the most of it.
Hoxton Square Bar and Kitchen, the now permanent home of pop up “Beats & Eats” experience Smokey Tails, has launched their own bottomless brunch.
For £30 (or £25 if you’re not into alcohol) you pretty much get to eat and drink as much as you can fit inside you in the space of two hours.
You may also want to watch:
It was only after I started to write the review that I realised that we did the whole thing wrong, and the waiter was too kind/polite/embarrassed to correct us. It did feel odd to get a burger each and be expected to be able to carry on eating, delicious as it was.
We ordered a bun each: I had fried chicken and my friend had pulled pork. Dismantling the burgers in order to swallow them, we started to question how this could be what we were supposed to be doing. But by the time the food was being chewed, we’d forgotten and wanted to wolf it down. I now realise, this was just lunch.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 7 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 8 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
Here is what you’re actually supposed to do: Choose from Bloody Marys, prosecco, mimosas, tea, coffee or a soft drink. Whichever you choose you can replenish to your heart’s desire. The same applies for either pancakes, brioche French toast with fried chicken, bacon and maple syrup, or gammon and fried eggs.
It’s so easy to comprehend I don’t know what we were thinking. How we managed to get it wrong I have no idea – I expect the two Marys each had something to do with it.