Thats Moreish! Mauritian food celebrated at open supper club
- Credit: Archant
After learning the traditional dishes from his mother, Richard Elysee is sharing his family recipes and hopes to spread the knowledge of this distinctive cuisine throughout the capital.
Supper clubs have been popping up all over the city recently. Perhaps it’s a reaction to the feeling of latent tension in the air, but Londoners seem keener than ever to get together and eat.
One such supper club is the brainchild of Richard Elysee, cook and creator of the MoreishUs Mauritian themed supper club in Dalston.
After learning the traditional dishes from his mother, Richard is now sharing his family recipes and hopes to spread the knowledge of this distinctive cuisine throughout the capital.
“Mauritian food is a unique blend of Creole, European and Asian flavours you will not find anywhere else in the world,” says Richard. “At my supper club I aim to showcase the best of all food Mauritius has to offer, from street food favourites like gateaux piments (chilli fritters) to what many consider our national dish, the rougaille’(a spicy tomato stew).”
You may also want to watch:
As well as four courses, the BYOB dinner will have bingo (“what I like to call our national sport”) over a background of Mauritian sega music.
The next MoreishUs supper club is taking place in Dalston on Saturday October 29.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 10 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
Tickets are £25 for four courses. Details of how to secure your place: grubclub.com/moreishus