Thats Moreish! Mauritian food celebrated at open supper club
- Credit: Archant
After learning the traditional dishes from his mother, Richard Elysee is sharing his family recipes and hopes to spread the knowledge of this distinctive cuisine throughout the capital.
Supper clubs have been popping up all over the city recently. Perhaps it’s a reaction to the feeling of latent tension in the air, but Londoners seem keener than ever to get together and eat.
One such supper club is the brainchild of Richard Elysee, cook and creator of the MoreishUs Mauritian themed supper club in Dalston.
After learning the traditional dishes from his mother, Richard is now sharing his family recipes and hopes to spread the knowledge of this distinctive cuisine throughout the capital.
“Mauritian food is a unique blend of Creole, European and Asian flavours you will not find anywhere else in the world,” says Richard. “At my supper club I aim to showcase the best of all food Mauritius has to offer, from street food favourites like gateaux piments (chilli fritters) to what many consider our national dish, the rougaille’(a spicy tomato stew).”
You may also want to watch:
As well as four courses, the BYOB dinner will have bingo (“what I like to call our national sport”) over a background of Mauritian sega music.
The next MoreishUs supper club is taking place in Dalston on Saturday October 29.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Tickets are £25 for four courses. Details of how to secure your place: grubclub.com/moreishus