Hundreds have signed up for new Cally Road gym in first week
- Credit: The Gym Group
Hundreds have already signed up for The Gym - an unambiguously named new fitness centre off Caledonian Road, which opened its doors last week.
The chain has more than 190 sites across the UK and attracted members with a £14.99-a-month offer with no joining fee.
Ten jobs have been created at the Sterling Way site and hundreds of members are already on the books, according to a spokesman.
He said: “With many people who have already signed up ahead of opening day, this is a much-needed new service for the local community.”
The centre boasts 12,000sq ft in gym space and has more than 100 pieces of equipment. These include: Plate-loaded strength equipment, a huge free weights area, Olympic lifting platforms, functional training spaces and cardio machines.
You may also want to watch:
There are also unlimited free gym classes within the membership cost.
The spokesman added: “Unlike other gyms, they won’t tie you into a contract and pride themselves on making everybody feel welcome.
“So, whether you’re into HIIT or circuits, treadmills or free weights, your workouts can work out better with The Gym Group.”
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules