Things to do in North London this weekend
- Credit: PA
As the days get shorter, colder and drearier, there's plenty going on across north London to lift your spirits this weekend (November 13-14).
Visit the Country Life fair in Angel or Clapton's poster market to get ahead with your Christmas shopping, or dance the day away at Camden's new Hawley Wharf.
Bottomless Pie & Mash Brunch, Camden
Where: Electric Ballroom
When: Sunday, November 14
Missing your childhood favourites? Head down to Camden Town and enjoy brunch prepared by the iconic Robin’s Pie & Mash. The event includes tribute acts, DJs, dance-off competitions, bottomless booze, jellied eels eating contests, a photo booth, and more.
Northern Line Art Exhibition, Highgate
- 1 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 2 'Let's avoid another lockdown': Warning for Islington to be cautious
- 3 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 4 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 5 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 6 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 7 'No apology': Beloved Islington hedge sawn in half by council contractor
- 8 Moorfields patient receives world’s first 3D printed prosthetic eye
- 9 Festive events lined up for Islington this Christmas
- 10 New stand up night in Islington features comedians with mental health conditions
Where: Highgate Gallery
When: November 12-25
East Finchley Open Artists: The Northern Line showcases artists’ images relating to a station along the Northern Line of the Underground. There are interpretations of Oval, Angel, and High Barnet, and many more of familiar and less familiar tube stops.
Vintage Poster Market, Clapton
Where: MKII, 71 Powerscroft Road, London, E5 0PT
When: November 12-14
Hosted in a beautiful old dairy building, this curated pop-up will feature around ten leading poster dealers from across the UK and showcase a diverse range of graphic styles and subject matter. Find rare and iconic collector's pieces (from £200 - £2000+) and posters and ephemera starting from around £10.
Whisky Walk and Tasting, Hampstead
Where: Hampstead Underground station
When: Sunday, November 14, 2.30pm
Calling all whiskey fans - the North London Whiskey Club is hosting a walk around Hampstead and whiskey tasting, which includes four samples.
Learn about whisky from an experienced host as you ramble through Hampstead Village, into the Heath and over to Highgate.
Christmas Fair, Angel
Where: Business Design Centre
When: November 10-14, from 10am
The Country Living Magazine Christmas Fair is coming to Angel this weekend. Find unique gifts for friends and family, home styling advice, beautiful handmade decorations and tempting food and drink made by small artisan producers.
Free DJ sets in Camden
Where: Waterside Halls West, Camden Market Hawley Wharf
When: Every Wednesday-Sunday, 1pm-7pm
Crossfade is a series of free entry DJ sessions, including Judge Jules, Jazzie B and Fat Tony, cocktails and street food. The events are hosted in Hawley Wharf, a new retail and dining space set along the banks of the Regents Canal, a few meters from Camden Lock.
The sets launched last Thursday (November 4) and run until New Year's Eve.