Three course meat feast and bottomless beer at Oval Space’s Oktoberfest
- Credit: Archant
Oktoberfest East has Bavarian specialities, DJs, games and Munich imported beer
There’ll be beer and bratwurst, pretzels and spatzel as Bavaria meets East London at the Oval Space.
Billed as an “epic beer festival” Oktoberfest East is an immersive drinking and dining experience under an Alpine canopy in a converted warehouse in Bethnal Green.
Inspired by the beer tents at the legendary Munich Oktoberfest there are two terraces decked out with long wooden tables where ticketholders can dine on a Bavarian feast of warm pretzels, schnitzel, pork and strudel.
Entertainment is courtesy of guest DJs with brass and beats from the Hackney Colliery Band to get everyone up on the dance floor.
You may also want to watch:
Games and quizzes will be set by a resident party host.
Oktoberfest dates back to the marriage of Crown Prince Ludwig and Princess Therese of Saxe-Hildburghausen in 1810 when Munich’s citizens were invited to attend festivities for which beer had been specially brewed.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 7 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 8 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 9 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
The all important beer at Oktoberfest East is imported from Munich brewers Hacker-Pschorr and served in authentic steins (around two pints) They include a crisp malty lager called a Marzen, a lighter Helles lager and a wheat beer as well as schnapps and favourite German soft drink spezi.
The full package of three course feast and bottomless beer costs £75 but for £15 you can gain entry and choose from a food market serving hearty wurst and other Bavarian specialities.
Bookings at ovalspace.co.uk. Oktoberfest runs until October 9.