War heroes honoured at Islington Green picnic
A double celebration is taking place to mark Armed Forces Day and the Diamond Jubilee.
Islington Veterans Association is holding its “Picnic on the Green” this Saturday on Islington Green.
The day starts at 11am, and families are welcome.
Chairman of the Islington Veterans’ Association Ron Ranger said: “It’s a chance for the public and the soldiers to come together because the conflicts affect us all.”
The day will include stalls, games and a raffle with prizes including meals at Slug and Lettuce, Tesco vouchers and a chance to visit Arsenal FC.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the association will also be taking part in the Veterans Day parade, which starts at 11.45am from Myddleton Square to Islington Green where a short service will take place.
Proceeds from the day will go to Help for Heroes.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing