War heroes honoured at Islington Green picnic
A double celebration is taking place to mark Armed Forces Day and the Diamond Jubilee.
Islington Veterans Association is holding its “Picnic on the Green” this Saturday on Islington Green.
The day starts at 11am, and families are welcome.
Chairman of the Islington Veterans’ Association Ron Ranger said: “It’s a chance for the public and the soldiers to come together because the conflicts affect us all.”
The day will include stalls, games and a raffle with prizes including meals at Slug and Lettuce, Tesco vouchers and a chance to visit Arsenal FC.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the association will also be taking part in the Veterans Day parade, which starts at 11.45am from Myddleton Square to Islington Green where a short service will take place.
Proceeds from the day will go to Help for Heroes.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?