Water works for artist Louisa Albani
- Credit: Archant
Water is calming and inspirational,” says East Finchley artist Louisa Albani.
Her latest water-themed art works, inspired by London’s inland waterways and canals, are exhibited at Bow Open Studios and the Espacio Gallery next month.
Her previous anthology was inspired by the Cornish countryside, but she couldn’t keep returning to the region and had to find inspiration within London’s urban environment.
She found it in the barge-dwellers, wildlife and towpath users in areas such as Camden Town, Regent’s Park, Bow and Mile End.
“There are still traces of the past.
You may also want to watch:
“Some of these places are quite mysterious and quite deserted,” she says.
“I think we all need water, not just to drink, it’s really important within the confinements of a city because it’s a window of countryside in the urban environment.”
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 9 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 10 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
She exhibits at the Espacio in Bethnal Green Road, Shoreditch as part of the Islington Art Society’s summer exhibition which showcases work by artists living in and around Islington.
The second display is part of Bow Open Studios which will also have live music, pop-up food stalls, an arts market, bars and workshops over the weekend.
Bow Open Studios:
June 17 6pm-10pm and June 18 1pm-7pm
Bow Arts Trust, 183 Bow Road, E3 2SJ
IAS Summer Exhibition June 13-19 (with Islington Art Society)
159 Bethnal Green Road, Shoreditch, E2 7DG.