Wear your Sunday Best for the East London Fringe
- Credit: Archant
Independent label Sunday Best Records presents a line up of live music and DJs in Shoreditch Park on August 6
The democratically affordable East London Fringe Festival launched earlier this month with an ecclectic array of events in and around Shoreditch, Hackney and Dalston.
Ranging from a garden party to pop up cinema, street parties, busking, art fairs and comedy, the month-long festival which aims to recognise the cultural diversity and idiosyncratic charms of East London and celebrate the area’s creative spirit, closes on August 7.
But before that on August 6 independent label Sunday Best Records presents a line up of live music and DJs in Shoreditch Park.
Sunday Best is the creative project of Rob Da Bank, co-founder of the Isle of Wight’s immensely successful Bestival and the family focused Camp Bestival in Dorset and known for his Radio 1 DJ slots.
You may also want to watch:
The label’s roster includes early releases from innovative artists Dan le sac vs Scroobius Pip, the soulful Valerie June and skilled lyricist Kate Tempest’s Sound of Rum.
Rob has curated acts across two stages including indie rock band TOY, singer Alice Jemima, the bluesy LA Salami and modern soul musical collective Jungle, who will close the show with a DJ set.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 9 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 10 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
“We can’t wait to bring some of our freshest acts to Shoreditch Park alongside a wider line-up of artists we love,” says Sarah Bolshi of Sunday Best.
A range of pop-up bars and artisan food stalls, from Korean street fare to pancakes, will complete the open-air occasion.
Tickets £5. 12pm, 6 August. Shoreditch Park. eastlondonfringefest.co.uk