'Spine-chilling ghost story' coming to the Park Theatre
- Credit: Michael Wharley
"Dark pasts, disturbing truths and unforgettable terrors" are at the centre of a ghost story coming to the Park Theatre this summer.
When Darkness Falls opens at the Finsbury Park venue on August 18, running until September 4.
It features effects by one of the team behind Harry Potter and The Cursed Child.
Written by James Milton and Paul Morrissey, the play is set on Guernsey, where teacher John Blondel runs the island’s only historical society. As part of the society’s weekly vlog, a young writer who has been researching the island’s mysterious and frightening folklore, has been invited to give a talk. As his seemingly innocent stories unfold – many based on true events – it isn’t long before they reveal disturbing truths and unforgettable terrors.
Returning to the theatre after playing the Prime Minister in the sell-out run of The Last Temptation of Boris Johnson, Will Barton stars as John Blondel and Alex Phelps is The Speaker.
You may also want to watch:
The production is directed by Paul Morrissey and will follow its London run with a tour to Theatre Royal Winchester, MAST Mayflower Studios in Southampton, and the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre in Guildford.
Will Barton’s theatre credits include The Libertine (Theatre Royal Haymarket) and Toast (Park Theatre and New York). He also played Boris Johnson in the 2017 BBC 2 drama Theresa V Boris, and other television includes A Confession, Vanity Fair and two series of How Do You Want Me?.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 4 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
Alex Phelps’s theatre work includes Sir Andrew Aguecheek in Twelfth Night and Reynaldo/Priest in Hamlet (both Shakespeare's Rose Theatre), as well as acting as the understudy for the lead.
The illusions in When Darkness Falls are designed by John Bulleid, an Associate of the Inner Magic Circle with Silver Star, whose other theatre credits include Harry Potter and The Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre; the National Theatre's The Ocean At The End Of The Lane; and The Prince of Egypt at the Dominion Theatre.