Yard Sale: Brooklyn pizza chef Frank Pinello brings his trademark white pie to London
- Credit: © Deidre Schoo
You won’t be leaving your pizza crusts behind when it comes to Yard Sale’s latest guest chef collaboration.
For it’s the sesame seed offering on Frank’s White Pie – the signature classic from Frank Pinello, the founder of the renowned Best Pizza in Brooklyn – that elevates it to truly memorable status.
Combined with the topping of caramelised onions, featherlight whipped ricotta and pecorino shavings, it makes for a simple yet compelling combination.
The absence of tomato might not please pizza purists but this is chance to try a bonafide New York classic without leaving north London (or even your house, if you opt for delivery).
Anyway, back to those crusts – these are a crispy wonder so get some delicious dips handy. The hickory smoked BBQ, garlic herb and chilli oil would all make a good pairing, or why not opt for a selection?
You may also want to watch:
Frank’s white pie is available at all Yard Sale shops until 31 August.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 9 Teyah Goldie, 16, makes Arsenal squad for north London derby
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed