There With You: Arsenal Foundation delivers 15 tonnes of emergency supplies into Islington
- Credit: PA
The Arsenal Foundation is helping to deliver 15 tonnes of emergency supplies into Islington.
The donations from HIS Church will provide more than 30,000 free meals, plus essential items like sanitary and personal hygiene products to vulnerable people in the community.
The Arsenal foundation has also pledged £100,0000 to support organisations in the borough, and it’s redirected a further £50,000 into Islington Giving’s Covid-19 crisis fund.
Arsenal in Community staff have also been helping to transport frontline NHS workers.
Head of Arsenal in the Community Alan Sefton MBE said: “We are very proud to be able to support the people of Islington during this challenging time. Islington Council have set up an extremely well-coordinated response and it is essential that we play our part in supporting that.”
HIS Church is a registered charity that has been providing help to foodbanks across the country for the past 13 years.
You may also want to watch:
Before the pandemic, HIS Church were distributing just over 50,000 meals a week across the UK. But it’s currently distributing about 200,000 meals a week through a network of more than 15,000 charities.
Click here for a directory of agencies helping people in Islington during the pandemic.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing