Coronavirus: 141 cases of Covid 19 in Islington – as UK death toll rises to 1,228
- Credit: PA
There are 141 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Islington as of 9am on Sunday, according to Public Health England.
In total, 19,522 people in the UK have been diagnosed with Covid-19 and 1,228 people have died after catching the virus.
Elsewhere, 141 cases have been confirmed in Haringey and 177 have people tested positive in Hackney and City of London.
But the actual number of cases is far higher due to the limited amount of tests being carried out.
An extra 6,961 tests have been carried out as of 9am on Sunday, bringing the total to 127,738.
You may also want to watch:
The total death toll in the UK jumped by 209 from Saturday to Sunday morning.
Of the confirmed cases, 16,487 of them are in London – and 1,125 people have died from coronavirus in the capital.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 6 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
At least 135 people have recovered from Covid-19 in the UK, which could include some of the Islington cases.
Are you an Islington resident suffering from Covid-19? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email Lucas.Cumiskey@archant.co.uk
Join our Facebook group for the latest coronavirus discussion from across north London.
Click here for a directory of agencies helping people during the pandemic.