Coronavirus: 29 people test positive for Covid-19 in Islington
- Credit: PA
UPDATE: Thirty-five people now have coronavirus in Islington, click here for the latest.
The number of Covid-19 sufferers in Islington has nearly tripled in the past 24-hours, as 18 new cases were confirmed this morning.
The latest figures from Public Health England as of 9am report that 29 people in the borough have tested positive for the coronavirus, up from 11 cases yesterday.
There are 30 confirmed cases in Camden, 29 in Haringey, and 29 in Hackney and City of London.
Across the UK 103 people have died and 2,626 have tested positive for the virus
You may also want to watch:
There were 676 new cases in the UK as of this morning, bringing the total to 2,626.
Sixty-five people have recovered from the virus, and this number could include some of the Islington cases.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
Have you tested positive for Covid-19? Do you think you’ve got the virus? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email Lucas.Cumiskey@archant.co.uk