Coronavirus: 29 people test positive for Covid-19 in Islington
- Credit: PA
UPDATE: Thirty-five people now have coronavirus in Islington, click here for the latest.
The number of Covid-19 sufferers in Islington has nearly tripled in the past 24-hours, as 18 new cases were confirmed this morning.
The latest figures from Public Health England as of 9am report that 29 people in the borough have tested positive for the coronavirus, up from 11 cases yesterday.
There are 30 confirmed cases in Camden, 29 in Haringey, and 29 in Hackney and City of London.
Across the UK 103 people have died and 2,626 have tested positive for the virus
You may also want to watch:
There were 676 new cases in the UK as of this morning, bringing the total to 2,626.
Sixty-five people have recovered from the virus, and this number could include some of the Islington cases.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Have you tested positive for Covid-19? Do you think you’ve got the virus? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email Lucas.Cumiskey@archant.co.uk