There With You: Humanitarian charity teams up with Finsbury Park Mosque to give Whittington Hospital workers free meals
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Finsbury Park Mosque has teamed up with a humanitarian charity and will hand out 100 free meals to workers at the Whittington Hospital on Tuesday.
The St Thomas’s Road mosque is working in partnership with Human Appeal and Wishes Catering to make the gesture of thanks to hardworking NHS staff battling Covid-19 at the Archway hospital.
Finsbury Park Mosque chairman Mohammed Kozbar said: “We as a local mosque are proud to do our bit for our local communities here in Islington, especially our NHS staff who are looking after us, also our elderly and those who are most vulnerable.”
Human Appeal has also launched a Covid-19 emergency campaign to raise funds for people facing the coronavirus across the globe.
Abid Shah, coordinating Human Appeal’s response to the Covid-19 outbreak across the UK, said: “Feeding our NHS heroes is the least we can do to show our appreciation and endless thanks for their efforts during this testing time for us all.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re reaching out to hospitals, mosques and businesses up and down the country to offer Human Appeal’s helping hand in providing assistance for those who need it most.
“We’re proud to do our bit for our communities across the UK so wherever you are, if there is any way we could work together or if you need our help, we want to hear from you.”
Click here for a directory of agencies helping people in Islington during the pandemic.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller