Thank You NHS: Send us your Clap for Carers pictures, videos and tributes
- Credit: Archant
The NHS cares for us for free from cradle to grave – and people in Islington are now relying on it more than ever due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
That’s why people in the borough and across the UK have been making a small gesture of solidarity with NHS heroes and other key workers by applauding them every Thursday night at 8pm.
During the lockdown, people have also started charity fundraisers to help those most in need, and children’s rainbow artwork is on display in many windows as a symbol of hope.
We want to offer readers the chance to say a personal thank you to the NHS.
So send us your messages, or pictures and videos of the weekly NHS applause in your street, and we’ll compile them for publication both in print and online.
You may also want to watch:
Send us your contributions as landscape video clips (no longer than 10 seconds, please) or photo messages, together will full details of who is featured, to Lucas.Cumiskey@archant.co.uk
Please identify your name in the video message and where you are from.
For a directory of agencies helping people in the borough during the pandemic, click here.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
Join our Facebook group for the latest coronavirus discussion.