Thank You NHS: Send us your Clap for Carers pictures, videos and tributes
- Credit: Archant
The NHS cares for us for free from cradle to grave – and people in Islington are now relying on it more than ever due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
That’s why people in the borough and across the UK have been making a small gesture of solidarity with NHS heroes and other key workers by applauding them every Thursday night at 8pm.
During the lockdown, people have also started charity fundraisers to help those most in need, and children’s rainbow artwork is on display in many windows as a symbol of hope.
We want to offer readers the chance to say a personal thank you to the NHS.
So send us your messages, or pictures and videos of the weekly NHS applause in your street, and we’ll compile them for publication both in print and online.
You may also want to watch:
Send us your contributions as landscape video clips (no longer than 10 seconds, please) or photo messages, together will full details of who is featured, to Lucas.Cumiskey@archant.co.uk
Please identify your name in the video message and where you are from.
For a directory of agencies helping people in the borough during the pandemic, click here.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Join our Facebook group for the latest coronavirus discussion.